The client needed 1 Shopify developer and 1 PHP developer on an urgent basis for full-time engagement.
Even though there is no shortage of PHP and Shopify developers, the client was finding it hard to source candidates according to their budget and skill expectations. The major challenges the client was facing were:
- High time to hire was impacting their project deadlines.
- High talent sourcing costs were a challenge since the client had a limited budget.
- The client had unsuccessfully tried hiring via other staffing and recruiting agencies, but they were not happy with the skills being offered for their budget by the tech recruiters.
- A few candidates that the client selected were available after 2+ months which was not acceptable to the client.
The challenge for TaAp Exchange was to source high-quality candidates and successfully onboard 2 candidates within a month.
The Solution – Qualified Talent as a Service
TaAp Exchange proposed Qualified Talent as a Service (QTaaS) so that the client could get qualified resources to choose from. This service offers clients a curated pool of 10 resources for each position. All of these candidates curated would be qualified based on the client’s requirements by the TaAp Exchange recruitment team, something not available to the traditional technology recruiters or remote staffing agencies.
The qualification criteria to prepare a curated talent pipeline for the client was as below.
- High-quality of skills
- Experience level 3+ years
- Candidates available for full-time engagement
- Candidates available to join in less than a month’s time
The goal was to build a pipeline of 20 developers, 10 each for Shopify and PHP within 10 days.
The process for building the qualified pipeline
We used the following process to build the pipeline of the 20 candidates.
- A dedicated team of 2 technology recruiters from TaAp Exchange worked full-time over 3 days to source candidates through Job boards, LinkedIn, Slack, Reddit, Facebook, and relevant community forums on various platforms.
- Jobs were posted on various Job Boards like Naukri, Monster, and Indeed, and extensive reach out occurred through the databases provided by these platforms as well.
- Social media campaigns, exclusive talent networks, and automated email campaigns were also used to spread the word and contact eligible candidates informing them about the open positions.
With state-of-the-art recruiting systems and a team of two technical recruiters, TaAp Exchange identified the best-matched candidates who had the necessary skill set, were immediately available and were within the client’s budget.
Custom MCQ-based assessments were created by experts from a MAANG company based on the skills required by the client. These assessments were shared with the best-matched candidates.
For candidates who were shortlisted after the MCQ-based technical assessments, a 10-minute video call was scheduled. Through the video call, they were assessed for communication skills, confidence levels, and must-have skills to meet the client’s expectations.
A batch of 20 shortlisted candidates (10 for PHP and 10 for Shopify) was shared with the client for further evaluation.
Personalized Service from TaAp Exchange
1. Dashboard Access
All through the recruiting and talent acquisition process, the client was given access to a personalized dashboard to view the progress. The clients could see the profiles of the candidates, and their status in the shortlisting process, and could schedule interviews with them.
2. Client Evaluation
TaAp Exchange assisted the client in scheduling interviews with the candidates in the qualified pipeline. We also provided support during the interview process and evaluation till onboarding. The evaluation process from the client’s end included a technical interview, a take-home assignment, and an HR interview.
Instead of charging sourcing as well as hire success fees
like other engineering staffing agency like other engineering staffing agency, the Qualified Talent as a Service by TaAp Exchange comes at a fixed upfront cost. The benefit of this model is that the client can access a curated list of candidates who have been assessed for their specific requirements.
For hiring remote candidates with 3-5 years of experience working in the IST timezone, the client was charged a one-time upfront fee of $1,000 for a pipeline of 20 qualified candidates. The commitment from TaAp Exchange was to provide a pipeline that would give the client guaranteed results
The client was provided with high-quality talent.
Due to the multi-layer evaluation and TaAp Exchange’s efforts to explore multiple networks, the client got a highly curated pipeline that perfectly matched their requirements. The client was satisfied with the quality of the candidates and could onboard 2 candidates as per their requirements.
Cost to hire was reduced by 50%
The average annual salary of the developers hired by the client was $15,000 each.
The average cost to hire a developer through a staffing agency is 10% of the developer’s annual salary, which would have amounted to a commission fee of at least $3,000 for hiring through a conventional staffing agency.
Through TaAp Exchange’s offering of Qualified Talent as a Service, the client paid only a total amount of $1,500, saving them over $1,500, resulting in cost savings of 50%.
Hiring time was reduced by 55%
The average time to hire two developers would have been about 45 days. In this case, the total time to hire was reduced to just 20 days. We were able to curate the pipeline for the client within 10 days. The interviews and other formalities were completed in another 10 days. Thus, the time to hire was reduced by 55 %.
Client satisfaction score of 9.4
The client was delighted with the talent quality, the hassle-free process, the support provided, and the adherence to timelines. They rated the experience at 9.2 on a scale of 1 to 10.
- A total of 106 applications were received for PHP and 45 for Shopify.
- 20 qualified profiles in total were shared with the client in 6 days.
- The client interviewed 9 candidates, with 6 clearing the first round of interviews.
- The 6 shortlisted candidates went through another technical round of interviews, and Durable Polymers issued the top 2 performers offer letters within the next 7 days.
Why Qualified Talent as a Service?
Due to the shortage of good technical talent, sourcing skilled developers is one of the biggest challenges. While recruitment charges for staffing agencies rise higher and higher, Qualified Talent as a Service by TaAp Exchange provides clients with an affordable solution to their talent needs.
Recruiting agencies and traditional talent acquisition solutions might have limitations regarding contract hiring, but our on-demand workforce model ensures the availability of high-quality Java developers, Python developers and React developers for immediate deployment remotely.