AtoZ Wood & Metal Crafts is a leading handicraft manufacturer in Moradabad, India. They needed 2 full-time developers to join them. Their requirement was for 1 Shopify developer with 5 to 8 years of experience and 1 Java developer to manage their backend applications with 5 to 8 years of experience.
Even though there is no dearth of Shopify and Java developers, the client was struggling to find the right resources. The main challenges which the client was facing were as below.
- High time to hire was impacting their project deadlines, and they wanted to onboard full-time employees within 45 days to complete their talent sourcing needs.
- The client had a bad experience with recruitment earlier where the developer hired could not deliver. Hence, they were extra cautious in hiring this time, especially with IT recruitment agencies and tech recruiters
- Since the client was looking for developers with a minimum of 5 years of experience, they struggled with sourcing suitable candidates.
The challenge for TaAp Exchange was to source high-quality candidates and help the client successfully onboard 2 candidates within 45 days.
The Solution – Qualified Talent as a Service
TaAp Exchange proposed Qualified Talent as a Service (QTaaS) so that the client could get qualified resources to choose from. This service offers clients a curated pool of 10 resources for each position. All of these candidates curated would be qualified based on the client’s requirements by the TaAp Exchange recruitment team.
The qualification criteria to prepare a curated talent pipeline for the client were as below.
- Experience level between 5 to 8 years
- Candidates available for full-time engagement
- Candidates available to join within 30 days
- Candidates with a good track record and demonstrable skills
The goal was to build a pipeline of 20 developers, 10 each for Shopify and Java, within 15 days.
The process for building the qualified pipeline
We used the following process to build the pipeline of the 20 candidates.
- A dedicated team of 2 technology recruiters from TaAp Exchange worked full-time over 3 days to source candidates through Job boards, LinkedIn, Slack, Reddit, Facebook, and relevant community forums on various platforms.
- Jobs were posted on various Job Boards like Naukri, Monster, and Indeed. An extensive reach-out was carried out through the databases provided by the job portals, too.
- We used social media and automated email campaigns to spread request applications from a wide network.
- We explored exclusive talent networks to look for suitable candidates seeking jobs in the market.
Through the channels described above, TaAp Exchange got 129 leads for Shopify developers and 103 leads for Java developers. We contacted the leads, and applications were invited. We received 49 applications for Shopify and 43 applications for Java.
With advanced tech recruiting systems and a team of 2 experienced technical recruiters, TaAp Exchange identified the best-matched candidates from the applications received. The screening was to ensure that the candidates had the required skillsets, qualifications, experience levels, and certifications, and were available for joining within 30 days.
Technical assessment: Custom MCQ-based assessments were created by experts from a MAANG company based on the skills required by the client for both Shopify and Java positions. We shared these assessments with the best-matched candidates who passed the screening.
For clients who were shortlisted after the MCQ-based technical assessments, a 10-minute video call was scheduled. The video call assessed their communication skills, confidence levels, and must-have skills to meet the client’s expectations.
A batch of 20 shortlisted candidates (10 for Shopify and 10 for Java) was shared with the client for further evaluation.
Personalized service from TaAp Exchange
1. Dashboard Access
All through the recruiting and talent acquisition process, the client was given access to a personalized dashboard to view the progress. The clients could see the profiles of the candidates and their status in the shortlisting process. They could also look at the interview schedules on the dashboard
2. Client Evaluation
All through the process, the client was given access to a personalized dashboard to view the progress. The clients could see the profiles of the candidates and their status in the shortlisting process. They could also look at the interview schedules on the dashboard.
TaAp Exchange assisted the client in scheduling interviews with the candidates in the qualified pipeline. We also provided support during the interview process till onboarding. The evaluation process from the client’s end included a technical interview, a take-home assignment, and an HR interview.
Instead of charging sourcing as well as hire success fees, like other remote staffing agencies, the Qualified Talent as a Service by TaAp Exchange comes at a fixed upfront cost. The benefit of this model is that the client can access a curated list of candidates who have been assessed for their specific tech hiring requirements.
For hiring 2 remote candidates with 5-8 years of experience working in the IST timezone, the client was charged a one-time upfront fee of $2,000 for a pipeline of 10 qualified candidates for each role. The commitment from TaAp Exchange was to provide a pipeline that would give the client guaranteed results.
Candidates with verifiable skills were sourced for the client
We used a strong screening and assessment process where the candidates’ experience in development and their expertise was duly assessed. This helped us to curate qualified pipelines of candidates who were highly skilled. The client was satisfied with the quality of the candidates and could onboard 2 candidates as per their requirements.
Cost to hire was reduced by 50%
The average annual salary of the developers hired by the client was $20,000 each.
The average cost to hire a developer through a staffing agency is 10% of the developer’s annual salary, which would have amounted to a commission fee of at least $4,000 for hiring through a conventional staffing agency.
Through TaAp Exchange’s offering of Qualified Talent as a Service, the client paid only a total amount of $2,000, saving them over $2,000, resulting in cost savings of 50%.
Hiring time was reduced by 53%
The average time to hire two developers with 5-8 years of experience would have been about 60 days. In this case, the total time to hire was reduced to just 28 days. We were able to curate the pipeline for the client within 14 days. The interviews and other formalities were completed in another 14 days. Thus, the time to hire was reduced by 53 %.
Client satisfaction score of 9.5
The client was quite happy with the quality of the qualified resources. The client successfully selected candidates who they were confident were the right match for the job. They also appreciated the assistance from the TaAp Exchange SPOC at every stage, which helped them hire without any hassles. They rated the experience at 9.5 on a scale of 1 to 10.
- A total of 232 developers were reached out to.
- We received applications from 49 Shopify developers and 43 Java developers.
- After the screening and assessments, the top 10 Shopify profiles and top 10 Java profiles were shared with the client.
- The complete exercise of sourcing and shortlisting candidates from our end took 14 days.
- The client interviewed a total of 8 candidates for Shopify and 9 candidates for Java.
- They selected 6 Shopify developers and 5 Java developers for take-home assignments.
- After the assignments were turned in, the client selected 1 top performer for each role.
- The client completed the evaluation and onboarding within 14 days.
Why Qualified Talent as a Service?
Due to the shortage of good technical talent, sourcing skilled developers is one of the biggest challenges. While recruitment charges for staffing agencies rise higher and higher, Qualified Talent as a Service by TaAp Exchange provides clients with an affordable solution to their talent needs.
For this client, the main challenge of sourcing experienced candidates without charging high fees was solved when TaAp Exchange proposed this approach. With the help of our recruitment team and the SPOC, who was in constant contact with the client, the hiring was completed successfully. Recruiting agencies and traditional talent acquisition solutions might have limitations regarding contract hiring, but our on-demand workforce model ensures the availability of high-quality Java developers, Python developers and React developers for immediate deployment remotely